Scott White and Hookins
Technician - Structural / Civil
Main purpose of job
To work as a Structural/Civil Engineering CAD Technician on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class structural and civil engineering consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Revit Structure.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time
- Communicate clearly in a professional manner with other members of the design team and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Maintain all necessary records.
- Provide technical support to the project engineers.
- Attend meetings and carry out site inspections as directed by the team leader.
Location and Communication
The role is for someone based at the LONDON office but you may work at other locations from time to time. You would report directly to the Engineering Manager(s) as well as the Partner(s) and Associate(s) based at your office location.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- ONC or HNC in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- IEng or TEng status with IStructE or ICE or ambition to achieve this.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in preparing drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit Structure would be a significant advantage.
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to prioritise work and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Good presentation skills.
using the application from from the web site at http://www.swh.co.uk
Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 16:02
Powered by Joomla!.
Designed by: Valid XHTML and CSS.